I hope you are doing well today, thank you for coming to class, it was a pleasure! I have attached the slides for you to look over when you have a chance to.
For some extra practice, here are some activities you can try:
Exercise 1: Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the comparative adjective.
- The subway is _______________ (fast) than the bus during rush hour.
- Traveling by train is _______________ (comfortable) than traveling by car.
- Bicycles are _______________ (environmentally friendly) than motorcycles.
- The new electric cars are _______________ (efficient) than the old gasoline cars.
- This route is _______________ (short) one, but it has more traffic.
Exercise 2: Complete the sentences with the correct comparative adjective from the word bank.
Word bank: cheaper, faster, noisier, newer, safer
- I prefer to fly with the _______________ airlines because they have better service.
- The subway is _______________ than taking a taxi, especially during rush hours.
- The _______________ buses are becoming more popular among commuters.
- I find traveling by train _______________ than traveling by bus.
- Although the motorbike is _______________, it’s also _______________ and more fun.
Writing Exercise: Write a short paragraph comparing different modes of transportation in your city or a city you know well against this hyperloop train!
Let me know if you have any questions,